This hands-on course is designed for you if you would like to explore more about clothing and textiles.
No sewing knowledge required and sewers with prior knowledge can work on developing their skills.
During this course you will:
- learn about the origins, characteristics and care of natural and manufactured textiles.
- learn or develop hand and sewing machine construction techniques and use a commercial pattern for your level to create a project(s)that fits you
- learn strategies for altering patterns and repairing and upcycling to reform old clothes into something unique
- learn the principles of design used in the design of textile items and how to select clothes that are more becoming and suitable for your lifestyle
- learn about environmental factors and ethical factors that influence textile choices and the impact of those choices on local and global communities
- learn about first peoples traditional and current textile knowledge and practices
- Teacher: Teresa Bell