You will learn about food from a personal, hands on perspective. This course will help you develop skills with regards to safety, sanitation, nutrition, meal planning, cooking techniques and presentation. Learning to cook will enrich your personal life or may lead to career paths in foods and nutrition or just make you a better cook.
- No prerequisites for any Home Economics Course,
- Which means a student who has not taken Food Studies 10 before may take Food Studies 11 or 12 if they are enrolled in Grade 11 or 12.
- Students choose which labs and recipes and assignments in each grade to enrich their knowledge.
- Meals and recipe designs are more complex depending on the knowledge of the student.
- Food Studies has a Lab Component worth 50% of the grade and assignments worth the other 50%.
- There are no midterms or finals in any Home Economic Courses.